Skip to main content

No Risk, No Reward

This week got away from me. I had intended on doing a Mother's Day blog. Really, I even have two different drafts going at the moment (that probably have enough ideas for six different posts).

However, the more I thought about them, the less they seemed to work in my mind. So I did nothing.

Oh my, how often is that the case with life. We'd rather err on the side of doing nothing than risk failing at something. Or is it that we already feel like we're failing at so many things, that we just don't want to risk bombing out at yet another thing in our lives? So we wait. And do nothing.

But where does that get us? 

Nowhere. 

Literally.

I think if we're honest with ourselves, that's not where we want to be. Prov. 29:18a says that "Where there is no vision, the people perish." And when we do nothing, when we risk nothing, it's because we either can't see the vision or we've lost sight of the vision. 

Either way, is sucks!

Then, we usually complain that things are the way they are.

Life will never be perfect. We will never be perfect. There will likely never be the right time to do this or that. And there will be many more failures in each of our futures.

Do those thoughts depress you? I hope not- because they mean that you're alive. You're living, daring, trying- being. 

You're chasing the vision. We won't always have 20/20 vision to get it right the first time, but if we press on- even in the mess of it all, we will reach the final goal and be rewarded with the prize (Phil. 3:13-14).

As you face today, with all it's mess and confusion- take a few moments and just ask God to adjust your eyes so that the vision He has for your life will become that much clearer. And then, pursue it with reckless abandon for His glory!


copyright wradmemories
copyright wradmemories



copyright wradmemories
Puddle jumping for the first time!

Keeping it real, by the grace of God...
Tammy



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And Those That Were Willing...

I started a summer project. Oh yes, not like bringing home a puppy wasn't enough craziness for the summer- I've gone and added something else. I set a goal for myself- read through my bible in 90 days. At first I hummed and hawed about doing it. Would I really retain anything to make it worthwhile? Shouldn't I do a slow methodical study to get as much as possible out of it? Blah, blah, blah... Then I figured, anything that gets me at least reading my bible on a regular basis (whatever the outcome) would be a GOOD thing. So I started out with great enthusiasm and even got a day ahead of myself. Now, I'm behind (surprise, surprise). REALLY behind. Out of town visitors and a week of camping will do that, but I'm working on getting caught up again. Until then, I want to share a little nugget that I got from Ex. 36:2. "Then Moses summoned Bezalel and Oholiab and every skilled person to whom the Lord had given ability and who was willing to come and

Filling the Wrong Bucket

I didn't cave. I also should have just stayed off of Facebook, but I didn't cave. Last summer I chose NOT send my kids to summer camp- even though, seemingly, ALL their friends were going. The same week. All of them. Well, not really, of course. But honestly, with Facebook status updates coming in fast and furiously- it really did seem like it. And I wondered, 'Am I a bad mom because I didn't send my kids to summer camp with their friends?' At one point, I seriously thought about calling up the camp (after the week had started) and seeing if I couldn't somehow manage to get them in anyway. I let the thought pass- and didn't cave. But I still feel a tinge of guilt about it and I'm dreading the decision about this summer already. Fast forward a few more months- to February 7, 2014 to be exact. Pretty much anyone with even the slightest interest in Lego will know what that date means. The release of their first full-length feature movie.

Finishing Well

A couple of weeks ago I read this really funny blog post (found here  Worst End of School Year Mom ). It was really quite hilarious and so where I'm at these days. I have grand intentions every time I start something new. Things like school years, diets, exercise regimes, organizational to-do lists, schedules, habits, blog posts, etc. You name it and I'm pretty good at starting it- but finishing it, well, let's just say I'm not too good at that part. Elijah doing his first potato sack race at their school's sports day- he ended up wiping out and not finishing well. Trying not to come in last. For the past week and a bit (it's taken me a while to get this post written and up), I've had God gently nudging me with the scripture from Heb. 12:1-3: the whole thing about persevering right to the very end- putting my whole heart and soul into things until they're finished. Unfortunately, I usually peter out after completing only 5 - 10% of som