Skip to main content

Playland

So, I've NEVER taken my kids to Playland.

I've always wanted to, but the reality of having more than 1 or 2 kids means that getting into places gets REALLY expensive- REALLY fast. I don't even want to think about how much I paid for us to get into Disneyland (for a day and a half)- and I think Rebekah was even free!

Anyway, I managed to discover that on Tuesdays over the summer, a local radio station was doing a promo. Now, not only would we be able to get in and have an all-day ride pass, but we were going to do it for $10 per person!

That little deal saved me $100.

So, I mentioned it to my sister-in-law and we figured out how we were going to ditch our 3 year olds and went.

Okay, first thing to remember for next time (should they do it again next year)- come early. We spent an hour waiting in line to get in. I was SO NOT expecting that. Thankfully the line kept moving and we had snacks to occupy ourselves, but it cut into the time we had available.

Second, double check the hours- they aren't the same as when the PNE is open. They are shorter- by quite a bit. Thankfully again, they were open later than we initially thought.

Third, do two shifts- one with the bigger kids that want to do the crazy rides and another with the littles since they want to do the tamer rides. Going between both was okay since there was two parents there and we allowed the older ones a (minuscule) bit of freedom to 'go ahead of us to wait in line' or 'you wait and do this one while we take the littles on this one' kind of thing.

In the end, it was all good. I even was pleasantly surprised that we parked almost right near the entrance and parking was only $10 as well (I was prepared for it to be more than double that!).

Anyway, the kids all had a blast even though it was quite busy. So here are some pictures for posterity.

copyright wrad memories
Our first ride- warming everyone (except Noah & myself) up

copyright wrad memories
Noah & I waiting for everyone to finish
their first ride.

copyright wrad memories
Elijah was smart- he soaked the towel and wrapped it
around his neck to keep him cool.

copyright wrad memories
Waiting... waiting... waiting... most of the line-ups weren't
too bad, but some of the kiddie rides had LONG waits.

copyright wrad memories
Noah letting his excitement show and Elijah trying to
stay 'cool, calm and collected'.

copyright wrad memories
Noah was just so excited- no matter what the ride (even
going in circles)!

copyright wrad memories
Noah actually braved going on this roller coaster- TWICE
in a row (I went with him the first time)!
Elijah wouldn't even do this ride (he did the wooden coaster).

It was a great day and I'd definitely like to try going again next year. Hopefully they have the same (or similar) special on again to keep it affordable.

Keeping it real, by the grace of God...
Tammy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And Those That Were Willing...

I started a summer project. Oh yes, not like bringing home a puppy wasn't enough craziness for the summer- I've gone and added something else. I set a goal for myself- read through my bible in 90 days. At first I hummed and hawed about doing it. Would I really retain anything to make it worthwhile? Shouldn't I do a slow methodical study to get as much as possible out of it? Blah, blah, blah... Then I figured, anything that gets me at least reading my bible on a regular basis (whatever the outcome) would be a GOOD thing. So I started out with great enthusiasm and even got a day ahead of myself. Now, I'm behind (surprise, surprise). REALLY behind. Out of town visitors and a week of camping will do that, but I'm working on getting caught up again. Until then, I want to share a little nugget that I got from Ex. 36:2. "Then Moses summoned Bezalel and Oholiab and every skilled person to whom the Lord had given ability and who was willing to come and

Filling the Wrong Bucket

I didn't cave. I also should have just stayed off of Facebook, but I didn't cave. Last summer I chose NOT send my kids to summer camp- even though, seemingly, ALL their friends were going. The same week. All of them. Well, not really, of course. But honestly, with Facebook status updates coming in fast and furiously- it really did seem like it. And I wondered, 'Am I a bad mom because I didn't send my kids to summer camp with their friends?' At one point, I seriously thought about calling up the camp (after the week had started) and seeing if I couldn't somehow manage to get them in anyway. I let the thought pass- and didn't cave. But I still feel a tinge of guilt about it and I'm dreading the decision about this summer already. Fast forward a few more months- to February 7, 2014 to be exact. Pretty much anyone with even the slightest interest in Lego will know what that date means. The release of their first full-length feature movie.

Finishing Well

A couple of weeks ago I read this really funny blog post (found here  Worst End of School Year Mom ). It was really quite hilarious and so where I'm at these days. I have grand intentions every time I start something new. Things like school years, diets, exercise regimes, organizational to-do lists, schedules, habits, blog posts, etc. You name it and I'm pretty good at starting it- but finishing it, well, let's just say I'm not too good at that part. Elijah doing his first potato sack race at their school's sports day- he ended up wiping out and not finishing well. Trying not to come in last. For the past week and a bit (it's taken me a while to get this post written and up), I've had God gently nudging me with the scripture from Heb. 12:1-3: the whole thing about persevering right to the very end- putting my whole heart and soul into things until they're finished. Unfortunately, I usually peter out after completing only 5 - 10% of som